[Strategic Initiative] Organise resources using a folder-based hierarchy
🤔 Problem outline
As a user it is difficult to quickly find what resources in Mautic are related to a specific context (for example a project or a marketing campaign) as there is no way to logically collate them together.
There is a tagging interface in Mautic, and a category system, but neither are really used for this purpose.
For the purposes of this initiative, we have chosen to use the term ‘project’ for the organisational entity the marketer will use.
This project is part of the Resource Management Strategic Initiative.
✅ Key requirements
- The user must be able to define their own projects and the structure / naming conventions
- It should be possible for a resource to be a part of more than one project (for example an asset or a segment may be used in multiple campaigns, so it may need to feature in multiple projects)
- There should be permissions associated with who can create, edit and delete the projects, and being able to assign and move resources between projects
- It should be possible to get a clear overview of all projects which have resources associated, and drill down into the project to see the individual resources associated with it
- It should be possible when viewing a resource in Mautic to identify what projects it is associated with
😍Nice to have
- The ability to archive a project and any resources used within it which are not active in other projects (note there is a separate project (External link) to implement an archiving system in Mautic)
- The ability to bulk-assign existing resources based on naming convention
- The ability to have resources created with a specified naming convention if created from within a project
This project currently has a $500 budget, half of the budget for the Resource Management Initiative (External link).
Want to add to the fund? Make a donation here: https://opencollective.com/resource-management-initiative/contribute/implement-an-archive-state-for-resources-in-mautic-32208/checkout (External link).
As this will be a new feature, it should be created against the next minor branch for consideration in a forthcoming minor release.
Create initial project brief
The original project brief is somewhat outdated, so there is a need for us to meet and discuss what the scope will be now. This will happen in the coming weeks.
During this stage the developers/designers will propose wireframes for how this feature will work.