Votes are subject to the following rules:
- You can vote up to 7 proposals.
- You can create up to 1 proposals.
Proposing Dirk Spannaus
Nominee's full name: Dirk Spannaus
Nominee's pronouns: he/him
Nominee's location: Dresden / Germany
All nominees must fully and explicitly declare all affiliations as defined in the Governance Model. Failure to disclose affiliations will result in your application or subsequent elected position being revoked.
Nominee's declared affiliations
- CEO of twentyZEN GmbH
What is your background with Mautic?
- Initially starting end of 2016 I discovered Mautic and introduced into our initial startup processes.
- We quickly also introduced it to clients as open source alternative to systems like "InfusionSoft" in the former days.
- Today we mainly introduce Mautic to small and medium sized companies, often integrate to other "on premise" systems.
- We initially even maintained Mautic for clients.
- Today we extend Mautic with connections to e.g. LowCode Applications and work with partners to connect to other environments line Microsoft on premise.
What contributions have you made to Mautic?
- I help test PRs and new releases, created and documented issues. I regularly contribute to forum questions of other users. I also helping to triage issues in github.
- I currently work with other members to get a clear picture of the data privacy requirements and the current status of Mautic to be compliant with it.
What is your vision for Mautic?
Mautic should the leading open source Marketing Automation system that also offers the option to be used 100% in compliance with data privacy regulations.
Although its should always remain open source and be free of charge, there should be good ways for Mautic to refinance community work, marketing and also strengthen development.
Mautic should be easy to integrate with other systems (focus on API) and be easy to maintain.
"Reduce to the max"... we should be careful not to add to much functionality thats better covered by other great open source projects. Focus on the strengths.
What do you bring to the Mautic Community Council?
I'm a seasoned business informatics guy and always try to balance business, processes and technology. I studied and worked at IBM, where I did Business Development in emerging technologies most of my time and mostly for large companies as our clients.
Having started a startup myself in 2011 I got a lot of experience about lean process, validation and business models. Also I worked a lot with small and medium sized companies to understand those requirements.
I would also like to help to implement ideas and to contribute to the "business model" of Mautic. Also Mautic needs a good financial base to grow and speed up development. That should not mainly be depending on sponsoring and memberships.
Why should community members vote for you?
Marketing Automation as concept and Mautic especially is an important part in my daily business. I would love to contribute experience and know-how from the daily interaction with clients and prospects into the Mautic community.
I have a good understanding of technology, product and business development and would love to contribute that to the further success of Mautic.
I would love to see a thriving open ecosystem building up around Mautic.
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?